First opened up in the winter of 1955-1956. In the winter of 1966-1967, the first snowmaking was active on the mountain. From 1971 to 1979, Wisp resort added 16 slopes, more lights and more snow makers. A hotel was also added during this time period at the base of the slopes. In 2001, Deep Creek Development purchased Wisp Resort. The Bear Claw Snow Tubing Park was added in 2001. In 2003, the Main Lodge was renovated and expanded by 11,000 feet. In 2007, white water rafting course was added. Since DCD purchased the resort in 2001, there have been over $30 million in renovations and capital investment added to the Resort.
The newly remodeled hotel in 2003 features 102 suites and 67 guest rooms and is a non-smoking establishment. It is a four season establishment and offers recreational activities year-round including 2 18-hole golf courses; Lodestone Golf Course and Fantasy Valley Golf Course. The resort is located near three state parks and three state forests within 30 miles. These include Deep Creek Lake, Swallow Falls and Big Run State Parks, and Garrett, Potomac, and Savage River State Forests.
Benefits & Cultural Activities
- Employee food and beverage meal discount.
- Retail shops merchandise discount.
- Free resort activities: ski, snowboard, snow tube, mountain coaster, and so much more.
- On site swimming pool during designated days and times.
- Group gym nights at local activity facility.
- Regularly scheduled group dinners as coordinated with local ‘American Families’. This program is optional to participants, but highly recommended! Wisp Resort and your sponsor can provide more details. Movie Theater, Deep Creek Lake State Park, Swallow Falls, are just a few local activity items. Visit Garrett County Chamber of Commerce at www.visitdeepcreek.com to learn all about our area.
- Snow Tubing Park /Carpet Attendant
- Mountain Coaster Attendant
- Mountain Park Photos
- Facilities Support Staff
- Mountain Lift Attendant
- Lift Ticket Checkers.
- And more