Timberline Four Season Resort.
A Four Seasons Resort
With its peak at 4,268 feet, West Virginia's Timberline Resort attracts plenty of natural snow – up to 224 1⁄2 inches have been measured, to which our Mountain Ops team has greatly contributed with superior snowmaking and meticulous grooming. A family-oriented ski area located in the Canaan Valley, West Virginia, Timberline is the perfect place for your ski vacation, whether you're a first-time skier or you own a home slopeside.
Timberline Ski area offers:
- 41 trails of beginner, intermediate, and advanced terrain.
- 2 terrain parks, including the new 750 foot terrain park added this season.
- The only slope-front hotel, ski-in/ski-out chalets and condominiums, and ski-in/ski-out home sites in the area.
- Top four ranked glade skiing in the East, with 31 acres of new glade skiing added in 2015-16.
- The highest average vertical drop south of New England.
- Numerous racing events each year, and a superior junior racing team which regularly places in the top 3 at SARA events.
- The 2-mile long Salamander Run, longest trail in the Southeast, was named Best Ski Run in the 2015
- Blue Ridge Outdoors "Best of the Blue Ridge" competition.
- A top rated ski school, daycare and children's program. Our ski instructors have a combined 140 years of experience!
- A 30% increase in snowmaking over last season.
- Over 50 miles newly completed highway (Corridor H) coming from the DC area, reducing driving time by one hour.
- Discounted college student skiing rates and group skiing packages, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, church groups, school groups, etc.
- 25% skiing rate discount for military, fire fighters, and first responders.
- Live entertainment on weekends and holidays at Timber's Pub.
- Fresh farm-to-table dishes served at Timberline's Fireside Grille and Timber Haus Cafeteria.
West Virginia is a state located in the Appalachian region in the Southern United States and is also considered to be a part of the Middle Atlantic States. It is bordered by Pennsylvania to the north, Maryland to the east and northeast, Virginia to the southeast, Kentucky to the southwest, and Ohio to the northwest. West Virginia is the 41st largest state by area, and is ranked 38th in population. The capital and largest city is Charleston.
The state is noted for its mountains and rolling hills, its historically significant logging and coal mining industries, and its political and labor history. It is one of the most densely karstic areas in the world, making it a choice area for recreational caving and scientific research. The karst lands contribute to much of the state's cool trout waters. It is also known for a wide range of outdoor recreational opportunities, including skiing, whitewater rafting, fishing, hiking, backpacking, mountain biking, rock climbing, and hunting.